21 December 2011

t-10

With the winter break starting so late, I don't think I've realized that 2011 is coming to an end. Should get around to reviewing the year and writing out some new year's resolutions, not that I've ever kept any of them. System needs fixing.

A lot of things actually happened this year, two of the biggest events being Gritaly and Shad (oh the good times). I guess starting the final leg of highschool counts as well, though the importance of that diminishes as the years go by. Acquired my lovely iPhone (Gilly do not make a comment <_<") and read quite a few good books. Still don't know what to do with my life, but that's okay for now.

Gonna think more critically later in the night. Shall update.

edit: so I went to watch Midnight In Paris for inspiration, a quotation from Gertrude Stein really ties into The Elegance of the Hedgehog:
We all fear death and question our place in the universe, the artist's job is not to succumb to despair, but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence. 
Wisdoooom. Amongst others featured in the film.



and "Dali! Daaaali! Daaaaaaali!" Ahahhaaa, will forever erupt into laughter in my head upon remembering that scene.

and it'd be lovely to be enchanted with a city :]