09 October 2011

Who is John Molson

^the answer to "who is the first Canadian to build a steamboat, but is more famous for his beverages?"

That question cause my team to tie with another school for Engineering Jeopardy, an event at the Mcmaster Science Olympics. We went into 6 rounds of tie-breaker, and finally to sudden death, which we emerged barely victorious. Although we got the first in our block, our overall score was pretty low and didn't end up getting a place.

The science olympic was really fun :]


My events were in the morning, so I had the rest of the day free to explore the campus. Went to a chemistry demonstration, which are always cool and guaranteed to have liquid nitrogen >D The professor made a silver coated cola bottle that I really wanted T_T I knew the answer to the giveaway question too! My rationalization is that because the guy in front of me and I both raised our hands, the prof thought it would be confusing if he picked one of us, so to be safe, he picked some guy at the front. *pout*

After the demo I grabbed Janice and headed to lunch. Went to Key Bistro due to the strong recommendation of a friend and a random Mac student that we asked for directions from.


Very glad that I listened to them :] The portions are HUGEE! Janice's pizza was larger than the plate itself. A single plate could have easily been split into lunch and dinner, good value haha.

Was so tired by the time we were heading home, 5:30am wake up is pretty brutal XD Overall a fun experience. Can't wait for the other science olympics!

No comments: