25 October 2011

follow/escape

The stress of an English essay is terrible, mainly because I'm terrible at wording. Becoming slightly better at moving past an awkward phrasing and revising it when I'm done the entire piece.

So to catch up on life,

Tried out nail stamping for the first time, with mixed feelings.


(Camera's auto white-balance sucks, and the incandescent setting turns everything else a bit too blue.)

The first stamp (thumb) turned out beautifully, minus my little mistake of not aligning it perfectly. The subsequent fingers were pretty bad though. It was really difficult to pick up the intricate details (the dashed lines between the dots), and that's with the Konad special polish. Not sure if it's because I waited too long, or not long enough @_@" Overall I'd say it's worth it as I will never be able to consistently freehand this level of detail.

Dad brought along the rest of my Taobao order as well ;D

Love Asian snacks, om nom nom nom nom *u* I grew up eating the 3+2 crackers haha.


Pixiv Fantasia III!

There's quite a sad story behind this. Originally, I ordered two artbooks, one of pixiv (this) and one of Honey and Clover. Any one of you can guess which one I was more excited about ;_;" I was terribly disappointed when my mom didn't bring back "an artbook" when she came back from China, therefore all my hopes were pinned on the arrival of my dad. The moment we arrived home from the airport, I opened up his suitcase and scrambled to find my beloved H&C. Hmm, it's not there, slight panic. Turned to ask my parents where the second book was, and received this terrible, terribleee answer "what second book? o_o"
So to the seller of that H&C artbook, I hope you're rotting in a ditch somewhere <_<"

Anyways I'm happy with Pixiv ;D The quality of the bound isn't that great, but who cares, it's gorgeous.

...
...
...

As much as I hate cleaning, organizing stuff is a total delight.

No comments: