31 July 2011

bridge

The two days that I've been back have been insanely productive (relative to usual summer days).

My proudest accomplishment is definitely laundering.
Instead of my usual routine of waiting for mom to come home and sorting everything out for me, I decided to employ the "can-do shaditude" and take matters in my own hands (lolol so cheesy) :] Machine washing was more of a challenge than I thought, the one at home has a way more confusing dial to choose wash setting than the shad one @_@ Hand washing, however, was a lot better than expected. I remember making up every excuse imaginable to get out of washing stuff years ago, but now I find it quite alright (similar experience as creaming butter and sugar). Spent the better part scrubbing socks, to the point of having 2 scraps on my fingers e_e"
Probably should get started on learning the rest of the cleaning skills, university is right around the corner.

On a lower note, I came home to find the house damaged from flooding. Apparently a flood happened a week ago and since then the management has came in and inspected for damage. Though actual fixing would probably take a few more weeks. Currently furniture and stuff are all over the place, holes in ceiling, 2 rooms are unusable, etc. Think I'm coping with it alright, only ever sit on my sofa anyways ;P Plus I've survived a whole month in half a dorm room.

No comments: