12 October 2010

the weekend: with content

Everything in this post is a little late, reason being that I finally decided to catch up on 3 seasons worth of anime.

mini rant: Uraboku's anime ending is so....non satisfying "orz Does not tie anything up....
LUKA X YUKI (prefer slightly more in the female form)! Luka has a reeeeeeally sexy voice, especially the few lines right before the OP (not typing it cause that'll be waaaaaay cheesy). Chinese title also sounds way cooler and easier to remember 无法逃离的背叛~

Never the less,
Happy belated Thanksgiving!
I am thankful for...
  • Friends and family. You're all very nice people (to various degrees ;P)
  • The essential materialistic possessions. "Want to have more, Need to want less"
  • All the great men and women of the past that contributed to the vast amount of knowledge we have today and the conveniences that exist as the result of such knowledge. (I think I know physics history better than general history xD)
That more or less covers all. What are *you* thankful for?

Think long and hard about that question while the photos below load~

My family went south down to Hamilton to view maple leaves this year. Unfortunately, most of the leaves weren't red nor on the trees. Fortunately, there were waterfalls to see :] I apologize in advance that there's some overexposure in every picture, mostly the sky and water.
clickly for fullview in lightbox~

Webster Falls. Not that great of a photo, but it's a decent wide shot.


Down stream it goes!


In retrospect, I should not have been that close. This picture was taken without zoom on a little patch of mud right at the edge of the waterfall. Coulda been dead if I slipped...thankful that I am still alive. Hurt my knee while trying to climb back on land, let the scab be a reminder of my stupidity XD


Encountered these half way through the hiking trails! I've never been on a train before haha. Proud to say that I walked the furthest without falling on the metal beams :]


Terribly overexposed sky T_T
This is the view from the summit of the mountain. The climb up was not very pleasant.


Tew falls, taller but way less volume.


The rocks were where I took the summit photo, aka far far away. Walked a total of 10km that day @_@

Below are photos from the dslr, which has MUCH better colour turnout.

Walking along the stream~ Was not a carefree stroll, infact, the hike was very trecherous. One person wide turns + slipper mud = one wrong step and you're tumbling down the side of the mountain and into the water with jagged rocks.




in the sun
vs

in the shade.
TOTALLY different moods. The flatter sections of the wood gives me the impression that a Disney castle is right around the corner and a prince riding a white horse will come galloping by~


leeeense flareeeeee.
Very dramatic xD


My favourite combo of bright leaves against pure blue sky.


Much safer yet still as close to the edge option.

3 comments:

H-siao said...

ARAKAWA UNDER THE BRIDGE!!!

Weej said...

HONEY AND CLOVER!!!

Kenn said...

SECONDED FOR ARAKAWA.