02 October 2010

superposition

Just saw Kevin's post on tumblr about a mental exercise we did in English class, thought I would share what I came up with as well.
I'm laying on my rococo styled bed piled with pillows and quilts, all in rich colours and exquisite patterns. Sinking into the quilts, I sit up and glance outside my opened window. The sight that greeted me is a meticulously maintained garden with lush grass and a grand fountain in the center. While admiring my garden, I hear a knock on the door.

I open the door and sees a little child looking up at me. "Who's this?...oh, it's myself." I offer the child my hand and leads her inside.

We sits in silence on my bed, staring outside my window. After a while, the child turns and says to me "I'm here to tell you what you forgot..."

Immediately after the child finishes, she gets up and walks briskly out the door and down the main hall, where crystal chandeliers and great paintings hang. With a great sense of urgency, I follow closely behind.
I admit the setting is much inspired by the Palace of Versailles (I would die happy if I got to live in that) and the strange happenings by a manga XD

No comments: