30 September 2010

(a^3+b^3)=(a+b)(a^2-ab+b^2)

Relatively, I am absolutely terrible at math.

Although I've known that for a while, that notion was reeeeeeally hammered into my conscious at Infinity Math's meeting. I knew all the methods used to solve all but 2 (those were uber long proving ones) problems, I just...would never think to apply them in that way xD

This is terrible because
A, in the short term, I have to write all the gr 12 contests this year. I'm essentially paying $12 for Euclid just so I can add "Participated in the Euclid Contest" to my resume for university. It'll be amazing if I get past the first question haha.
B, in the long term, I'm gonna become an engineer. Engineers need math like fishes need water "orz I shall somehow master enough math to get me to a management position so I can order the technicians around haha.

This is starting to sound really depressing, so I have come up with a plan of survival:
Frieeeeeeends, they are a bunch of really amazing people (at math) :]
Read the textbook by Christmas. I'll read all the examples so least I'll have an idea of how to approach a problem. Not gonna go as far as doing practice problems because my will power can never stretch that far "orz

I believe this is my first school related rant for this school year.

5 comments:

MELODY said...

come to me, donna, and davids tutor 8D

Weej said...

Then actual math class will be so pointless and boring D:

Kenn said...

Use that time to catch some Z's. Like I did. Of course I ended up failing, but that's another story.

Austin said...

x3 + y3=(x2 - xy + y2)(x + y) , not (x2 - 2xy - y2)(x + y)
just thought id put that out there.

Weej said...

Thank you Austin.
You better be in my class next year XD