06 August 2010

In and Outs #5: camp finale

OUT
Itzzzz oveeeeer. No more waking up early, no more commuting for 30km round-trip, no more dealing with unreasonable kids. Actually, the kids are angels individually, but due to some bizarre social phenomenal, they are hell grouped together. Eating lunch with 2-3 of them, wonderful; trying to get the whole group to line up, not so much.

Guess I'll focus on the camp office experience, which is something new. So during the afternoon of certain days, I would disappear from my group (Oxygen) and go help up at the camp's supply office.
Challenge #1: my supervisors there are Karen and Koren, took a while to figure out which is which haha.
Challenge #2: entertaining oneself. Work in the office comes in bursts, I managed to finish a book (The Universe on a T-shirt) and a sudoku (my first ever).
Otherwise it's allll good. Most of the work that I did was organizing supplies. New deliveries needed to be counted into sets and bagged, and stock had to be searched. I can now appear pro by having "inventory management" on my CV haha. Other tasks included relaying messages between people and assisting with late drop-off/early pick-up.

Overoverall, an worthwhile two weeks~

IN
Relaxaaaaation.
though maybe not. Don't really feel like lazying the rest of summer away. Volunteer does crazy things to me, things like motivation during the summer.
Things still left to do:
  • lots of books on reading list, I ended up reading completely different books.
  • physics 11, 5 chapters in >D
  • gaming, jrpgs are toooo looooong. I lose motivation like...one location before the end xD Will def finish up FFX though.
  • anime catching up. dunno, not in the mood. Did finish Durarara!! though, shizuuuuu <3
Things that have been done: drawing, organizing, exercising (walking up and down, up and down, up and down the OSC).

i'm goooooooood.

No comments: