29 August 2010

Cottage #1-the waaaaater

Unfortunately, not much swimming was done by me since the weather was awfully cooperating. But the few aquatic activities that I did do were lots of fun :]

Exhibit A: water tubing (monday).

I was originally gonna water ski, but seeing how only 2 of the 10 people that went before me managed to stand up, I decided to oft for the safer option.

The tube on the right is an "extreme tube", where you just lay on top of it and hold onto those handles for your dear life. (There are normal tubes where you sit in them, but psssssh normal)


Don't I have the most graceful form ;D

In my defense, it's a lot easier to balance, and therefore not fall off on the whips, if you lay like a crab. Also you should climb back up immediately if you're slipping off.

The boat driver, Ceaser (he's awesome haha) mistakenly thought I was athletic (I hear laughs from specific people), so he made HUGEEEEE turns which whipped me across the water like...I don't have a good similie here. As the result, my whole upper body was sore for the majority of the week.


Exhibit B: boating (tuesday)

It was nice: nice boat, nice weather, nice people etc etc.

Until my boat suddenly stopped XD
Luckily these LOVELY people passed by and agreed to tow us back to shore.

Much thanks & love to the two above!

After an emergency call to the management office, a different boat came by to diagnose the problem. Turns out we were out of gas. No biggie, we were recharged and safely arrived back on land.


Pretty sunset pictures coming later today or tmrw...we'll see :]

No comments: