27 May 2010

Nephilim John



Summary from MangaUpdates
Battle angels, Lucifer, demons, and holy wars: a nephilim by the name of John is abruptly thrown into this world one day when Michael, a battle angel, comes crashing into the room he is in.

Same author as Ares, aka, it's gooooooooooood. In fact, doesn't Michael (the angel) look exactly like Baroona? Yes, yes. For those who think Ares' art is hideous (which is completely false, the art suits the genre well), Nephilim John's better while retaining the same rough, fluid style :]
Big bonus that all the chapters are scanlated.

My thoughts about the ending below, aka spoooooilers
The ending is sooooooooooo open ended, it's about as open ended as anything can get. Am I upset over this? Ehhh, a little. The manga starts in the middle of John's life (his parentage was never explained) and so I'm not that upset. Plus this means there's a chance of a sequel ;D Sure hope so, love Ryu Geum Chel's works. I'm also surprised that John didn't end up with Isabel. This is another situation that I would usually be upset in (cough Legend of Nereid cough), but I'm quite okay with it in Nephilim. Loki's pretty cool, I approve hahahaha.

See, things that I usually can't stand in other mangas I'm completely fine with in this XD Another sign that it's worth the read.
This totally extended my patience for the release of Ares 177 :]
haaaaaaappy day.

No comments: