08 March 2010

Three Cups of Tea



inspirational book.
It was recommended to me by my civics teacher (she's cool), definitely an empowering if not good read. It's Greg Mortenson's life story and how Central Asia Institute came to be.
What we're trying to do might just be a drop in the ocean, but the ocean would be less because of the missing drop
Greg's paraphrasing of a famous Mother Teresa quotation.

What amazed me the most was not how successful he became (that itself is amazing), but how he persisted throughout the numerous obstacles and hardships. My fatal flaw is that I don't follow through on my goals, so reading this book was a "gosh weijie, your tasks are nothing compared to this, stop contemplating and just go do it!"

so I will try to follow my own advice.
...good book, go read it!

2 comments:

Kenn said...

I've read inspirational books too. They never cease to depress me, knowing that I'm capable of so much, but never try.

merody said...

YOU KNOW WHATS A REALLY GOOD BOOK?
GREAT EXPECTATIONS
THAT BOOK DID NOT BORE ME AT ALL
TOTALLY INTERESTING
I LOVE THE 99% ADJECTIVES AND 1% STORY

/sarcasm