10 January 2010

brunch: dduk gook with popovers





dduk gook modified from thekitchn
(tk: tell me if it's authentic?)

As the popovers were baking in the oven, I realized I didn't have any daikon. Thankfully there was a pot of chicken stock in the fridge (note to future self: in case this happens in my future dinner parties, always keep chicken stock on hand). That actually saved me 20mins of time since I didn't have to make the stock from scratch. Rest of the process was all good, I threw in some cabbage for a slight nutritious value.

Taste wise it's a bit bland, which I should have guessed since this isn't suppose to be eaten as the main dish xD Oh well, nothing black pepper cannot fix.

...
...
...

One thing that I absolutely detest about living in high rise buildings is the goddamn fire alarm. For some unknown reason, 3 alarms occurred in the span of 2 days. Both of them were on the forth floor, only 1 was actually a fire, small kitchen fire. The remaining 2 is just....PAIN.

2 comments:

Gil said...

Wait till you decide to move into dorms. Fire alarms pulled by pranksters at 4 am. May occur daily.

Kenn said...

We had small fires daily a few years ago in high school. Of course, that was probably because we were still in the ghetto back then.