31 December 2009

onto 2010!


(original image from flickr)

2 hours left of 09, time for a little reflection?

Mm let's see, decent ending to grade 9, met a lot of new friends and kept most of the old ones. I thought it would be awkward to see people that you were really close with but that was just me being paranoid. Learned important lessons, such as not overthinking (lol janice) and seeing things from over people's perspectives. Good conclusion to something that I've let drag on for too long, tbh I should be very happy about how it turned out. Wonderful trip back to China, thank god I went back this year. Beginning of grade 10 was fine, life goes on haha.

My selective memory remembers mostly good things, but as for the bad... a few loses and almost loses in terms of family. First term wasn't as well (academically) as I expected, no super high marks to pull the rest up haha. Gotta turn that into motivation for the next term!

Onto the resolutions.
I know ones from last year got absolutely nowhere past the first few weeks, so I'm trying 6changes this year. (from the writer of Zen Habits, which I have on rss). My 6 changes for 10 are:
1. Sleep more
2. Move vigorously (eg. jogging) for 5 mins each day (pathetic I know)
3. Get higher on my average
4. Organize and keep track of my personal possessions. (esp. cloth)
5. Think less before I talk/express my feelings more (oh how much regret I have relating to this one)
6. Be more optimistic and have a positive attitude

wish me luck~

1 comment:

Kenn said...

Hm. I've always tried to keep new years resolutions going, though they'd only last a week at most.

G'luck on keeping your six ;D