01 November 2009

belated halloween

burrr.
Halloween night was freezing e_e. The wind made 5C feel like 0.

Melody and I, being such nice people, spent the night volunteering at unicef/cadbury haunted house. First we were distributing unicef bags to people in line. People were swarming around us as soon as we unpacked the bags. Despite us telling them the bags are for kids only, a whole bunch of adults grabbed bags. Thanks to them, 20ish boxes of bags ran out not even half way through.

The line was looooooong, it extended a big block from College all the way till Dundas. As the night dragged on, more and more people arrived. The police had to cut the line off so the event wouldn't drag into the 11:00s.

Mel and I were puzzled at why all these people would wait up to 2 hours, turns out at the end of the haunted house Cadbury was giving out handfuls of chocolate, at least 10 houses worth! As a thanks to the volunteers, Cadbury gave each of us one HUGEEE filled bag of chocolates & etc. The bag weighted more than all my textbooks combined @_@

On the subway back home, I met one of my teacher's daughter. Thankfully, she loved the chocolate and I was able to give half of my bag away. After existing the subway, I saw a classmate and proceed to give another quarter of my chocolate away. Even though there's only a quarter of the chocolates left, I highly doubt I'll ever finish them.

1 comment:

Gil said...

I'm surprised you ended up meeting two people on your way back, and ended up giving 3/4 of your candy that way. Maybe the teacher will give you bonus marks for giving her daughter chocolate =P