10 August 2009

of july 22nd

I thought I was extremely fortunate to be able to see the longest solar eclipse of the 21st century. There were news about it everynight, all the UV tinted glasses were sold out, tourists carrying professional looking cameras gathered...point is everyone was so hyped about it.

Until the weather forecast the day before the eclipse. It clearly stated that due to the thick cloud cover in the morning of july 22nd, residences in ChengDu will not be able to witness the solar eclipse. I could totally imagine 11million faces of disappointment.

Noneless, my whole family woke up at 8, gathered around the TV to watch the live broadcast. Seeing how the weather outside was okay, my mom suggested that we go to the rooftop just in case the weather forecast was wrong.


(very bad quality I know, had to make a gif out of the terrible photos that I took, dunno where my mom's video of the eclipse went)

...
I feel like someone just told me santa isn't real all over again.
seriously, a century just for this?

1 comment:

Sean said...

...i didnt even kno about it until the day after lol its not like taipei would be able to see it anyways