30 May 2009

kevin/ellie

Thursday: the cake.

It's almost Alex's birthday and Janice, being the official cake maker, is making some short chocolate cupcakes.
The cupcake itself was pretty uneventful, I discovered at I fail at greasing pans. In my defense, silicon brushes are much harder to use than expected.


The icing however, was hilarious. "work those arms baby~" I was in charge of stirring the coffee/sugar/i forgot what else was in there mixture on the stove.

It looked like it was aliveeeee.


Honey looks adoorbell with the cupcake liner on her head *u*


da-da!
Turns out I'm actually decent at frosting, though jancie's had more structure. I'll beat her next time!

Friday: the movie.

UP is awesomely awesome. As probably everything by pixar. The beginning Ellie part actually made me cry a heck lot more than when Kevin broke her leg. No can beat the dead wife.

Isn't it so cool that the ticket booth has a WHOLE BUNCH of balloons right behind the promo posters?

Afterwards we stalled time at my place. I ate a very unhealthy (no veggies! gasp) dinner while trying to cram for my art hmwrk while the rest of them watched baseball/play cards/annoy each other.
Grace insisted on going out, great timing as it started to rain as soon as we walked out the door (literally.) We then went to 4 dollar noodle place to eat some more. Tony finished his jumbo bowl of noodles before I finished Donna's complimentry tiny bowl of soup, sad eh. Then me, roy, and alex drank tea mixed with hot sauce, vinegar, and soy sauce. It wasn't all that bad at first, but the after taste was terrible. Tasted like really bad gummy bears, according to alex and the black jelly bean according to me.
It was getting pretty dark so we ran back to empress in the rain and headded home.

No comments: