20 March 2009

BSM con't

goal of the week: get 30 hours of community service. CHECK!
whoohoo!


Monday: tired+excited
This was my first time volunteering outside of school, boy was I nervous @_@. I spent a good day in advance thinking of what to wear and what to bring, turns out to be a waste of brain cells. Everyone dressed casually and the fridge was stocked with food, and perrier *love*

Deer toe bone game.
I spent a good 4 hours playing this thing, and surprisingly, it was hella fun. It's extremely addictive, there's something so frustrating about not being able to string 4 bones onto a stick. My record: 3.

Tuesday: paper cut day
I'm never going to roll another poster in my life. EVERRR!

A few people and I rolled a total of more than 550 (seriously, 550.) posters. 150 in the morning and 400 in the afternoon. We worked very well in assembly lines haha. Total paper cuts: 5.

Wednesday: niceee! you got it! here's your pin day
Donna somehow managed to oversleep, so Grace and I decided to staff the treasure hunt. It's a very simple job: say hi, hand out postcard, explain rule, wait, be excited while telling them they got it right, hand pin, repeat nine billion times until it's finally lunch time.

I somehow stabbed my finger with on of these.

Thursday: err, what happened?
All I remember is my legs were very very sore at the end of it.

Friday: would you like to paint a clog? day

Carried this basket for most of the day. I looked like I was going to the market to sell eggs @_@ The people that were suppose to replace us for our lunch break was late by a whole hours (interesting that one of them is my future math teacher's son). Handing out clogs on an empty stomach is not fun. Washing the paint containers at the end of the day is also not fun, the gold paint is impossible to scrub off once it dried.

More pictures on flickr!

No comments: