15 December 2008

when V doesn't stand for victory

I had the honors of having millions of volt (according to my future physics teacher) run through my body this morning. Along with the power to possibly blind someone just by pointing at them.
What's the machine called again? Va-something, like it has this gaint rubber band with gets charged, runs up, then a brush connected to a metal sphere collects the electrons...etc. Like the one they have at the science center to make your hair stand up.
So for some reason I volunteered for the demonstration in which I had to shake my head vigorously and watch as the class laugh at how my hair stands up. Apparently they intended to use this as a new form of detention, where when you remove your hand before the machine's shut off (before you're allowed to leave), you'll get a painful shock.
Just a few million volts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

its called a vandergraph generator...i know that 4 some reason lol
haha...tech teacher let us play pingpong lol cuz its the holidays